From the Principal:
MJR - Making Jesus Real
Last week we had Peter Mitchell in our school, the author and creator of the Make Jesus Real Program that is an integral part of our school. Mitch challenged the students in Grade 4 to notice the Spirit of Jesus in action in the playground and the Gospel message it conveyed. Here are just a few of the observations that were noticed.
Zaide helped Ned when he fell down at soccer - Caring
Peter went back and got my hat as I had forgotten to get it - Thoughtful
Archer asked me to join in the game he was playing - Including
Oliver smiled and said ‘hello’ to me this morning- Welcoming
This Sunday we begin Advent
The first sunday of Advent challenges us to ‘Stay Awake; The Gospel reminds us not to take life for granted or assume that we are entitled to anything except the grace of God. To be more awake to the mystery of God’s creative and dynamic intervention in our daily lives. So, like the Grade 4 class last week, your challange this week is to awaken to the signs of Jesus presence in your life
- What graces have you received this year?
- What is it that needs to awaken in you?
- Look for times of awakening to God’s presence and grace:
- stopping to admire a neighbour’s garden,
- to smell the perfue of flowers,
- to admire a flock of birds in formation,
- to feel the gentle water of a pool or the swell of the surf….
Take the time to enjoy the next week,
From the CEO:
School Information 2024:
If any students will not be returning in 2024, could you please notify the school office as class structures will be finalised very soon.
School email: email@example.com
5 Day Kinder 2024:
Congratulations to the students below who received awards this week. Some students received an award from their classroom teacher, some for their participation in the Premier's Reading Challenge and others for their fundraising efforts. Well done everyone.
On Friday 24th November 16 students participated in the Schools Challenge Triathlon held a The Bluff, Devonport. Nearly 1900 primary school students participated in this event. Students from Grade 3-6 participated in team or individual events and some students did both.
Congratulations to everyone involved in this day and a big thank you to parents for helping make this a successful day for the students at Our Lady of Mercy.
NMPSSA Swimming Carnival B:
Well done to all students who participated in the NMPSSA Swimming Carnival. Students were well behaved and displayed great team spirit.
- Astryd Johnston - 2nd 50m Backstroke, 2nd 25m Backstroke and 2nd in the relay
- Emme Keegan - 1st 25 Freestyle, 1st 50 Freestyle, 3rd Butterfly and 2nd in the relay
- Annabel Gunton -1st 25m Butterfly, 1st 25m Backstroke, 2nd 25m Freestyle, 2nd Breaststroke 25m, 2nd in the relay
- Virgil Quiapo - 3rd 50 Backstroke
- Cedric Greive - 3rd 50 Backstroke
- Lenny Hall - 3rd 50m Freestyle
Miss Jillian has been coming to school three times per week this term, to provide dance lessons to our girls and boys . This will continue next year and will commence in Term 1 2024.
We look forward to having Miss Jillian as part of our school community.
Parents & Friends Meeting:
Our Lady of Mercy Parents & Friends will be holding a committee meeting this Friday 1st December.
The meeting will commence at 9:00am, all welcome to attend.