You are here: Home Our School

History

Our Lady of Mercy Catholic School at Deloraine was opened in February 1895 by a small group of Sisters of Mercy who came from Goulburn in New South Wales. The Sisters ran the school for 101 years but it is now staffed by lay teachers. The Sisters taught both boys and girls from infant to secondary classes. At the beginning of 1897 the Sisters began taking girl boarders. The boarding school operated until 1972. The previous year the secondary section of the school was closed. Since that time it has been a primary school catering for local children. The first lay principal was appointed in 1996. The school maintains an enviable record in the local community for its service, education and involvement. The school has had an active Parents and Friends Association since it was established in 1954, and a Board of Management since 1972. The school was extensively refurbished in 1999 and 2000.  In 2005, Kindergarten commenced for 2 days a week.

« October 2018 »
October
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031